Today I welcome D.M. Roberto to the blog to answer a few questions for Interview³.
D.M. Roberto Author Interview³
1) Tell us 3 fun facts about your writing history
DMRoberto: Oh man let me think a minute *ponders back*
1. I wrote my first book in less than a week on a dare from a friend and ended up creating a paranormal series that I adore.
2. My muse is a wicked thing and likes to wake me up in the middle of the night with the whole ‘wait, here’s a new story idea for you’ then won’t leave me alone until I write it down. Most of the time, it’s an incoherent mess and I am trying to decode what I wrote.
3. I normally write to music that inspires me in some way. Some of my books have references to certain singers that reflect what the MC is going through or feeling in some manner.
2) Describe your writing style in 3 words
DMRoberto: seat of my pants (sorry its 4 words)
3) Name 3 of your literary influences
DMRoberto: Bertrice Small inspired me to create strong female leads, Nora Roberts for her world building and storytelling is amazing and JK Rollings for her perseverance in getting Harry Potter to the masses.
4) Share your 3 favourite books
DMRoberto: Oh man just three huh?! Well Harry Potter Series of course, JD Robb’s In Death Series and Skye O’Malley by Bertrice Small.
5) What are your 3 essential writing tools?
DMRoberto: Green Tea or Coffee, Music and a word document. 😊
6) Where are your 3 favourite places to write?
DMRoberto: I write on my desktop by my dream place to write would be either by the beach or lake or cabin in the mountains. With WiFi of Course because there are times I need to research something.
7) Name 3 items on your writing wish list
DMRoberto: My writing wish list entails the following:
1. Genre I want to try my hand at-Romantic Suspense
2. Love to see if I can write a long novel instead of novellas
3. Would love to see if I can get an agent once I find the right story to share with them
8) What are your top 3 tips for aspiring writers?
DMRoberto: Be persistent, edit-edit-edit and write what you want to write, not what is trendy. A good story is just that a good story no matter the trend at the moment.
9) Tell us 3 of your writing plans for the year ahead
DMRoberto: I think trying to see if I can finish my paranormal series, write that novel that is simmering in my head and see about self-publishing a story I got back from a now defunct publisher.
10) Tell us about your latest release
DMRoberto: My newest release is coming June 16th and it's my first shot at writing a MM story. It's short and sweet and I adore it. It’s called Moonlight Masquerade and tells of a young man who is down on love, had his heart broken in a million pieces and has a secret admirer that leaves him curious and maybe a bit hesitant in trying to figure who is leaving him roses. Book blurb is below and I hope you check it out. It’s on sale at my publisher at the moment for under a $1.00.
Contemporary MM Short Story
Pre-Order from Fireborn Publishing
Skylar hates Valentine’s Day, especially after a nasty breakup. A secret admirer confuses but intrigues him. Skylar has to let down the walls he's put up and discover if his admirer is the one who will heal his battered heart.
About the Author
D.M. Roberto is a lover of books and a compulsive reader. Venturing into the world of GBLT, Ménage and erotic romance, she found her new favorite genre to explore. With time and lots of Johnny Depp movies to inspire her, D.M. Roberto creates heartfelt stories that hopefully readers will enjoy and fall in love with. Living with her two kids, a significant other who supports her every move in writing and doesn’t seem to mind she gets up at 2 am to type away on the computer. She looks forward to creating stories that readers will love and enjoy.
Please leave a comment about what you are reading at the moment, or a book in your tbr pile, to be entered into a chance to win an e-copy of Moonlight Masquerade and a $10 Amazon gift card. Contest closes June 6th, with winner to be announced on D.M. Roberto's blog and Facebook page.
This giveaway is hosted by the author and is not affiliated with Nicki J. Markus/Asta Idonea's blog.
Post a Comment