Dianne Hartsock Author Interview³
1) Tell us 3 fun facts about your writing history
1. I’ve been writing my whole life, but it wasn’t until I added some gorgeous men and romance to the mix that I enjoyed writing more and publishers became more interested in my stories.
2. My first editor really pushed me into writing more intimate love scenes, making me blush quite often with her questions, but now I secretly love writing them.
3. Digital publishing is my friend!
2) Describe your writing style in 3 words
Observe, daydream, write
3) Name 3 of your literary influences
Tolkien, Ray Bradbury, Dean Koontz
4) Share you 3 favourite books
1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
2. Something Wicket This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
3. The Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz
5) What are your 3 essential writing tools?
1. Word 2013
6) Where are your 3 favourite places to write?
1. My writing room which I’ve filled with bookshelves and art.
2. A quiet corner in a coffee shop where I can observe people but not be in the way
3. Anywhere outside with a gorgeous view and sunshine
7) Name 3 items on your writing wish list
1. Maybe an agent for my suspense novels. Haven’t quite committed to this yet.
2. Attend a writing conference as one of the featured authors.
3. A tablet or Kindle Fire.
8) What are your top 3 tips for aspiring writers?
1. Write something every day. I’m sure you’ve heard this a million times, but it’s still true.
2. Believe in yourself.
3. Create an attractive blog and keep it up.
9) Tell us 3 of your writing plans for the year ahead
1. Find a home for my crime/drama novel
2. Rework and submit my fantasy novel
3. Rework and submit my m/m contemporary romance novella
10) Tell us about your latest release
Shelton in Love has been a labor of love for me to write. It started out as five different short stories, but I couldn’t leave it at that. I’ve combined the stories into one book and added the ending Shelton’s been hoping for. The story starts with Shelton falling helplessly, hopelessly in love with his mercurial roommate Nevil, a man who’d delight in sleeping with him, but wanting nothing more serious. The story covers two and a half years of their relationship, from the first tentative kiss, date, fight, makeup and make out, to the start of their life together.
Less Than Three Press
2 edition (January 30, 2017)
Heat rating: 4 Adult
Shelton has found the man of his dreams, but keeping him is an entirely different matter.
Shelton’s falling hard for his attractive roommate, a man who would happily sleep with him, adding him to the list of men in his life. But Shelton wants more than just a fling with Nevil. How can he convince the elusive man there could be something lasting between them?
Shelton in Love is told in five stories spanning two and a half years of Shelton and Nevil’s relationship, the ups and downs, trials and celebrations, with a promise, a separation, a frantic return, temptation and a final triumph. Sometimes Shelton finds it difficult to love a beautiful man, but Nevil is worth the effort. Shelton’s eager to move their relationship to the next level, marriage, but will Nevil ever be ready to take this step with him?
Dianne is the author of paranormal/suspense, fantasy adventure, m/m romance, and anything else that comes to mind. She lives in the beautiful Willamette Valley of Oregon with her incredibly patient husband, who puts up with the endless hours she spends hunched over the keyboard letting her characters play. She says Oregon’s raindrops are the perfect setting in which to write. There’s something about being cooped up in the house with a fire crackling on the hearth and a cup of hot coffee warming her hands, which kindles her imagination.
Currently, Dianne works as a floral designer in a locally-owned gift shop. Which is the perfect job for her. When not writing, she can express herself through the rich colors and textures of flowers and foliage.