Today I welcome Lily G. Blunt to the blog to answer a few questions for Interview³.
Lily G. Blunt Author Interview³
• I started writing Twilight slash fanfiction eight years ago
• My incomplete story, I Could Always Make You, was winner of the best vampire story in the Sunflower Awards 2012
• I’ve been trying to complete this story ever since. One day…
2) Describe your writing style in 3 words
• Slow to complete, can be descriptive or flowery, can be emotional
3) Name 3 of your literary influences
• A long list of talented M/M romance authors have inspired me over the past eight years
• An interest in the classics since I studied English Literature at school
• Various articles trying to explain the meaning of Show, Don’t Tell
4) Share your 3 favourite books
• So many to choose from but here goes… If the Seas Catch Fire by L.A. Witt,
Long Way Home by Z.A. Maxfield, and the Dangerous Ground novellas by Josh Lanyon. All three are audiobooks I have listened to many times.
5) What are your 3 essential writing tools?
• An outline planner/character sketches, thesaurus, Google search
6) Where are your 3 favourite places to write?
• My sunlounge, my garden, my lounge
7) Name 3 items on your writing wish list
• a children’s historical/fantasy series
• an adult’s historical/fantasy story
• a futuristic/space story or maybe a dystopian story
8) What are your top 3 tips for aspiring writers?
• Read, read, and read some more
9) Tell us 3 of your writing plans for the year ahead
• See no. 1 – Now entitled Make You Mine. I will finish this WIP one day
• See no. 7 – I have a rough plan for a story set in Ancient Greece and inspired by Greek legends
• See no. 7 – After visiting Pompeii and Herculaneum a few weeks ago, I have a very vague plot bunny for story set in Pompeii
10) Tell us about your latest release
My latest release is a collection of previously published short stories, edited and improved.
Lily G. Blunt
29 March 2018
52,00 words/172 pages
Heat Rating: 3-4 flames (18+)
Cover Design: Jay Aheer @ Simply Defined Art
YOU’RE MY EVERYTHING
A Collection of Contemporary Gay Romance Stories from Lily G Blunt.
Six love stories.
Some sweet, some steamy, and one or two will bring a tear to the eye.
The stories in this anthology have been published before.
They have undergone several rounds of edits and the updated versions are published here.
Happy Anniversary, Jasper
As Nathan waits for Jasper in a restaurant to celebrate their tenth anniversary, he recollects their past and some of the passionate moments he has experienced with the love of his life.
A heart-breaking yet erotic tale of love, romance and destiny.
Over the Rainbow
Dorian has been cast as Dorothy in his school's production of The Wizard of Oz.
Like his character, Dorian is about to discover whether dreams really do come true.
Chris and Andreas are opposites in character. Both fear the other wants to move on.
Can being stranded on a mountainside resolve the doubt that is threatening to tear them apart?
You Can’t Stop Loving Someone Just Like That
Despite being besotted for years with Jack, Corey finds himself falling in love with Pierre, a foreign exchange student, who is staying at his home over the summer vacation. Up to this point, Jack has shown no sign that he was gay or that he wanted Corey as anything other than a friend. It is only when he sees Corey and Pierre together that Jack wishes he had acted sooner.
Service with a Smile
Terry visits a men’s designer boutique, and Ash gives him service with a smile…
Jasper is struggling to move on with his life without Nathan by his side. If only he could touch his lover one more time...
Lily G. Blunt enjoys writing contemporary gay romance and paranormal stories. She loves to explore the relationship between two or more men and the intensity of their physical and emotional attraction. Angst often features in her stories as she feels this demonstrates the depth of feeling for each other. Lily is forever writing imaginary scenes and plots in her head, but only a few ever make it to the page.
She reviews for several blog sites and has recently launched Gay Book Promotions, an online book promotion service for authors of LGBT+ romance and fiction.
Lily loves to hear from readers and other authors.